Monday, September 22

What a Fabulous Weekend!!

Happy 6th Birthday to my sweet daughter Bo Ressa Perrins. On Sunday September 21, 2008 Bo turned 6.
She got this new dress for church and then she had her cousins come over for dinner and cake and Ice-Cream.

This is Bo opening her presents.

Thanks to all who sent her cards and money.
She is Loved.

Grandpa and Grandma Ashdown got her a new bike for her birthday. It was a HUGE box and we wrapped it up. ALL her cousins helped her open the present. It was funny to watch.
Later that night, the Stahle family came over and brought Bo a present. It was a four square ball, and Nathan Stahle's favorite car from the movie, Cars.
Thanks for the ball!
(Inside Joke from the Woman's retreat....Read On.)



Hidden Treasures of Happiness.
This theme came from a talk by President Thomas S. Monson, called
Treasures of Eternal Value. It is found in the Ensign April 2008.
It gave three great points:
1. Learn from the Past
2. Prepare for the Future
3. Live in the Present.
It was a amazing talk. If you can, read it.
On Saturday we had a quest speaker speak to us about this as well. She was wonderful. I really liked her outlook on life and then she asked us to just do 5 minutes of journal writing a day. I have applied that to almost everything. Just do 5 minutes of something. I started that with my husband last night of scripture study. It was neat.
She also asked us to make a list of 100 things that we dream about or want to accomplish in life. and then go and do them. Don't worry about time, money or anything else. Just make the list. Then go to work. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will help us make them happen.
She then shared a film about Jesus Christ. Some Ladies bore powerful yet simple testimonies about the Savior. It was very Spiritual. I even cried, which I haven't done in a long time.
Thanks for the Spiritual High.
My List of my 100 dreams. (No particular Order)
1. Take a cake decorating Class
2. Learn to Row
3. At some point in my life fit into a bikini.
As I ponder this List I will add more. But this is good for now.
Our game room, quilt tying, laughing out loud, and four square room.

Some ladies playing Five Crowns.



Elaine Fort, Ina Swartz, Shellene Garner, and Julie Shepherd playing around the world Ping Pong.


Shellene Garner dressing up to play ping pong.


Jamie Bloomfield as Queen.
We played four square for hours. Thanks gals for so much fun.

I was laughing and having so much fun. I was competitive, but I really did love playing with everybody.


Lori Hamblin as the Queen.

Pamela Bowman and Dixie Chiles.


Carole Stahle.


We played games from the past, like four square, ping pong, jacks, and jump rope. It was so fun. We even got crazy and put these old dresses on to play. LOL.
Jamie looks Gorgeous.


Peggy looks Pretty in Peach.

Julie Shepherd in Green.



Elaine Fort in Red.


Harmony Park Relief Society Retreat in Clay Springs, Arizona. Sept 19-20. We had a Blast!


Heading for Home.
Norma Horne, Debbie McKinnon, Julie Shepherd, Me, Jamie Bloomfield, and Ina Swartz.
In the Bloomfield Yukon Caravan.

Thanks Jamie for Driving.
We stopped and had a picnic just outside of Payson, Arizona and it was beautiful.
Thank you sisters, for such a wonderful weekend.

Carrie Perrins
Debbie McKinnon striking a pose.


Love ya Sisters,
Carrie

2 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

what a fun retreat!! I am kind of jealous. And Happy Birthday BO sorry I wasn't there. I meant to call. Once I realized it was the 21st I thought all day there has to be a birthday because I am the 21st of July and I swear there is someone this month and low and behold it was Bo. Hope you had a great birthday and miss ya!!

The Shepherd Family said...

Thanks for the fun photos. I haven't seen any of them. It sure was fun.
Julie

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X