Saturday, November 13

Shun the Sun Run 2010!!

Amber Adams and I ran the 10k. It was an amazing experience. Thanks Amber for all the support and the 5am runs in the mornings. You and Jen Rodgers are the best!!!
We ran for team zerorez.
Jared and his wife Beth ran for team zerorez as well. Great job!!
A friend from the ward, Corrie Stayner. She ran the half marathon. She did AWESOME!!

Yoshimi from our stake, Corrie and Pam Fisher's running buddy took second place in the women's division. She is an amazing runner. So quick and has so much endurance.
Just finished 6.2 miles over 1 hour 9 minutes. My first drink of water. It was good, they had drinks all along the race. So I was okay.




Shun the Sun!! It was very very cold before the race started, but as you can see the Sun warms up everything.
Here we go!! What have I gotten myself into?

My most loving and faithful fans!!! My family. They came before the race started even in this cold weather to take pictures. They had a bunch of stuff for the kids to do, so they weren't bored while I ran the race. Thanks to my wonderful husband for all the support. I love you babe!!

Amber Adams, Pam Fisher, Corrie Stayner, and me.
Honestly, the race was an amazing experience. The crew for the race was amazing, all the volunteers and helpers made it a good run. I would say that this was a well planned and well set up race. I loved the time of year, the time of morning, and the path wasn't that bad. It was all ran by Shun the Sun and it seemed that they had much help from other sponsors and the mesa police department. I would definitely do it again!!!
As for my first race, all I can say is that I did it!! Not the best, but it was my race.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I am sooooooooooooo proud of you guys!!!!! What a wonderful milestone in your life!! Now you can do ANYTHING!! It was really fun to see all the different ladies in the ward that participated. What a wonderful ward we have!
Yea for Carrie!!!
Love ya,
Christa Johnson

Tami Farrer said...

Way to go Care bear!! I love you!

Amber said...

Carrie it was so fun! I am so glad we ran it together! I don't think I could have done it without you! I already miss getting up at 4:40 and running with you and Jen:)

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X