Today is Sunday January 2 2011. We had a great new years eve party with friends. Thanks for coming and eating and playing games with us. The kids even stayed up until 2am. The latest we have stayed up in a long time.
Saturday we watched bowl games all day long. It was so relaxing. We also just stayed home because Jane and Bree are sick with a really bad cold. Nathan's cold is still lingering but he is feeling better. Bo and I went to church today and it was really good. I was really impressed with my relief society's president message about spirituality and wanted to share it.
Ten Ideas to increase your spirituality.
1. Do i read the scriptures daily?
2. Do I really pray and not just say prayers?
3. Is my fasting meaningful?
4. Do I go to bed early and get up early?
5. Am I essentially a happy person?
6. Do I work hard?
7. Am I concerned about HOW than WHERE I serve?
8. Do I love everyone-even enemies?
9. Do I strive for oneness with others as well as within myself, between my ideal and actual self?
10. Do I share my testimony with others?
" TO learn and not to do is not to learn. To know and not to do is not to know"-Stephen Covey
This lesson was great and I really thought it was for me. I think this is going to be a new resolution for me, to increase my spirituality.
I will start by sharing my testimony with you all.
I know that The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is our living day true Prophet. I know that God lives and HIS SON JESUS CHRIST is my redeemer. He lives and I will be forever grateful for HIM and what he has done for me. He is my Savior. He is my friend. I really want to develop a closer relationship with him and hope to do that this year.
So I know this is not usually what I post on my blog but I wanted to share this with you.
Love you all,
Carrie
1 comment:
What a beautiful post from an amazing gal!!!! I got the flier from the lesson, but I missed it this week...darn! I LOVE Relief society. But I was in Primary and got to hear Bo give one of the most heart felt prayers I have ever heard out of an 8-year-old. Truly an awesome kid!!!
Love your family!
Christa
Post a Comment