Friday, June 13

So you think you can dance?

Jane is getting so big. She has stood by herself many times. She is trying to take steps, but she knows she can get to where she is going by crawling. She loves to eat baby food and finger foods. She is 9 months. She sleeps through the night. She makes us laugh. She is a mama's girls. She loves to be with me. Nathan complains because she cries with him all the time. Oh well. Someday she will love her daddy just like her sisters.
Bo and Bree get the water bottle and spray and comb each others hair. This last week I gave Bree a haircut. Then yesterday she got into my slick hair gel. They had used half a jar of it. I was so mad! It was expensive stuff and I use it every day. It was all gone. It was all over their hair. It was sticky. It was slick. However, this morning I washed their hair and it was easier to do. Oh well. What do you do? Go and buy more of it.

I got the baby toys out that have been hidden in the attic for the last 6 months. Bo said something funny. She told Nathan when he got home that we got new toys. They were so excited. So next time the kids are bored with their toys hide them for a while and bring them back out. They will love it.



The girls.







Strike a pose. Bo loves to dance. She is going to star on the show, So you think you can dance.
Bo is doing good. She is learning how to read. She sounds out all the words and she is asking a million questions. IF anybody has any advice on how to deal with a thousand questions a day I would really appreciate. Sometimes she asks the dumbest questions and I don't know how to respond. I am working on that one. Amy sent me this wonderful book called, How to talk so your kids will listen and listen so your kids will talk. I am learning the first chapter, Helping Children deal with their feelings. It has really opened my eyes to my kids feelings. I sometimes just don't know how to respond or what to say, The book suggests three words, that I have been using more often, Oh, Mmm, and I see. I am really trying to understand how they feel. It has been very difficult not to just tell them to be quiet.

An experience that we had with this was: Bo and Bree were playing outside. Bo came inside because it was too hot and she was "sweaty". Then Bree came inside crying. She went upstairs and Told Bo I am so mad at you, Bo. I am so mad at you Bo. She was expressing how she felt. She was mad because Bo came inside and wasn't going to play with her anymore. It was really funny. It was cute. Nathan and I laughed.

The second chapter is Engaging cooperation. I am enjoying this chapter. Not done yet, but I will keep everybody informed on how this book has helped me with my kids. Bo is a great sister and loves to pick up baby Jane. Nathan taught her how to hold her. I had a hard time giving into this one because Jane is so little and Bo is not quite old enough, but Nathan told me to give Bo a try. The other day Bo carried her all the way up the stairs. Talk about a heart attack. I guess I will have to trust her. I am still worried about that one. Bo is really excited for the Utah trip. We had to have a family Home Evening on thoughts. She thinks of the future all the time, instead of living in the now. So we are working on our thoughts. Yes, it take a lot of patience and time. But since it is summer we have got the time. It is too hot to go outside.

Girls Just want to have fun. The Ashdown family came over to visit and the girls were playing dress up. They love to dance.
Have a great week. Love, Carrie

2 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Great pictures Carrie!! I love to read your posts and catch up. Can't wait to see ya next weekend!!

Erin said...

Hey, I found you. It was such a fun weekend. It will probably take me forever to get it up on my blog, but I will eventually.

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X