Sunday, August 9

Some GooD Things and Some BaD things!

I will not have time to fix my blog from the family reunion. Sorry!

Well Thursday and Friday were spent canning. I learned to can strawberry jam. It was my first time and I think it turned out okay. I did find that it might not have set up correctly, but I can still use it for a bunch of different things. Then me and Jamie Ashdown canned chicken ALL DAY Friday. It was so fun. I think between the two of us ONE jar didn't turn out. We leaned so much about the processing and the canner itself. It was great! Between the two of us we canned 70lbs of chicken. YEA!

Jane was helping in the kitchen a little too much. She is hiding in the cupboards. She is so funny.

Saturday was a good day. We had a primary quarterly activity and then a baby shower for a friend daughter and then the adult session of stake conference. It was superberp. The spirit was so strong. Then ToDAY Sunday I woke up and we actually got to sleep in. It was wonderful. UNTIL later when I was sitting at the desk preparing some primary stuff and I head some NOISE. IT kept happening and this is what we found. WE HAVE A LEAK from the bathtub upstairs. Nathan tore the ceiling apart and we hope that is what the problem is. We will be fixing it this week.
YOu know I was sitting at stake conference and President Rapier was talking about faith in adversity. AND HE said you know every one has trials. Whether you are in them or just coming out of them. THen he said THEY WILL COME. I just sat wondering about that. Then I woke up to this. So I guess he was right THEY DO COME. I had a hard day today. But I know that everything will be alright.
WE are so blessed to have the Holy Ghost to comfort us.

Wish me LUCK this week. I am also starting to prepare for a marathon. It wont be until next year, but IT will take me that long to get ready.
Have a great day. I send you my love and my prayers.
Carrie


1 comment:

Kathy’s Korner said...

WE can relate to water problems in the HOUSE. UGH! Good luck!

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X