Well I guess my week is up. I wanted to report about the service. I know that you can make a difference when you serve others, but it does take time, planning, and small acts of kindness to make it happen. For me, I noticed that I served my kids more because of their needs. I noticed I didn't serve my husband enough. I love my husband and hope to make improvements. Nathan commented to me yesterday about an act of service that he performs for me everyday. He says that he gets dressed in the dark so that he doesn't wake me up. I thought to myself, you really can turn on the light, but his thoughts were turned towards me. I guess that is what service is all about, turning our thoughts and actions toward that person.
I hope you have a great day and plan at least one small act of service.
Carrie
2 comments:
Thank you so much for bringing us food yesterday. It helped so much and now I am able to eat. Oh, and that bean soup you made was delicious. I was able to have a little but I would have loved to have been able to eat more. Maybe today. Love ya.
Thanks for sharing, Carrie! I spent all day Thurday cleaning Elaine's house while she was gone. Ressa helped dust and pick up. When she was getting tired of it all, I told her that I bet Grandma would be sooooo happy when she came home, that she would probably cry! Sure enough, Grandpa told us that she bawled when she got home that night. Mission accomplished!
Post a Comment