Wednesday, October 7

Utah is COLD!!!!

My favorite things about THIS trip to Utah begins with the letter P!!
1. Pajamas-It was really cold in Utah this last week. It was 50 in the day and 30 or below at night. We had to bring our winter clothes and pajamas. It was so cold we always had a blanket wrapped around us, Jane included. #2-Papa-or Grandpa. My girls absolutely adore Grandpa Ashdown. They couldn't wait for him to get home from school and give him hugs. They laughed with him and even cuddled with him. It was so cute!
#3-Pictures of Lake Powell. We decided to stop at the Damn this trip and walk around. It was harder than we thought with little kids. They liked it, but I am afraid of heights so I didn't get to close.


#4-Precious Little girls. I love my little girls. They are such good girls. They are happy and I love how they show it.


#5-Picture perfect Teeth. This was the main reason we went to Utah. The girls needed major dental work done. My mom works at a outpatient facility and so we got a smokin deal. Anyways, Bree's mouth was the worst. She had 6 baby root canals with crowns, her front tooth he decided to save and cleaned that out and then 3 cavities. She was under anesthesia for 2 hours. The dentist did a great job and her teeth turned out great. She was the first one done and it was hard for her to come out of the anesthesia. It was like a little tantrum. Once she woke up and got some apple juice down and was awake it was fine. Then Bo had her turn. She wasn't under as long, but she had 7 cavities filled and 1 baby root canal and another tooth cleaned out. She was so scared, but she did it. She also had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia,but once she woke up it was okay. They had a very good day that day, no vomiting and played well. I was really impressed with both of them. I am thankful for my mom for supporting me that day and for Heavenly Father for blessing my girls with their first major surgery.




#6-Projects,Paperoni and the Priesthood-On Saturday night while the guys went to priesthood, the kids and women worked on some fun projects. The kids did beads and paperoni's. They were good and had fun. I am thankful to my husband for honoring his priesthood and attending that session of conference. I am also thankful for my husband in giving the girls blessings for their surgery and for how well it went. I know that the priesthood is the power of God, and it truly blesses my families lives.








Aubrey, Mom, Whitney and I worked on some Halloween BOO blocks. It was so much fun!! I had a great time and it was pretty easy. They turned out really cute. I have them sitting on my kitchen counter for decoration. Thanks Aub and Mom for a fun girls night!

#7-The Prophet-We got tickets for Conference. We attended the Sunday Afternoon session. It was a really neat experience. I am thankful for a Prophet on the earth today, President Monson. I know he is a true prophet. It is so neat to see him enter the conference center and it go completely quiet and then we all stand up and wait for him to be seated. It was really neat. It really is a whole different experience in the conference center, rather than sitting at home watching it on TV. It was way spiritual. Thanks Dad for the tickets! Sorry about the ladies head. I found out after taking this picture that their is no photography allowed, so this was all I got.

#8-Page Arizona. Knowing that we are half way home.
Our long drive home on Monday. There was construction on the highway and my kids were actually doing really well. It took us a little longer to get home, but well worth it.

We had a great time in Utah. Thanks Mom and Dad!! We sure love you and MISS you already.
Carrie

2 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Great pics Carrie! Your poor girls with all the rough dental work. How sad for them!! Glad you had fun with your family though in Utah. We can't wait to see you guys again. We are as of now coming for Christmas. Which will be here fast than we know it.

Tami Farrer said...

Cute pictures I hate that I was sick while you were here but I am glad I got to see you and I am SO excited to come in November. Love you Tami

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X