Tuesday, January 19

Got Juice?

So I would love to thank LeaAnn for moving (JK). NO we miss you guys, but Nathan has been bringing home your tangerines and grape fruits. They are amazing! Of course we can't eat them all, so I have been juicing them.
I was at a relief society meeting and the my friend talked about juicing. Using what you can get for FREE!!
I was excited since I was in the process.
This is what I learned.
1. wash your oranges tangerines grapefruits etc
2. Roll them on the tabletop to listen the juices
3. BUY or BORROW an electric juicer-it is so much faster. THANKS JAMIE A. for letting me borrow yours.
4. Juice as much as possible.
5. Freeze in Quart Ziplock freezer bags.
6. Lay them flat to freeze, then once frozen a tiny bit. DOUBLE BAG them just in case the bag gets a hole. I used Gallon Size bags and put 2 2quart bags into them.
7. Use them for a 3 month supply.
Here is a recipe she gave me.
2 pkgs of Tropical Punch Kool-Aid
2 Cups of Sugar
4 quarts of frozen tangerine juice.
Mix all together and drink. Yummy!
I tried it with orange kool-aid and it definitely added a zing to it. It was good!
Thanks to all that have helped me be thrifty!
Love,
Carrie

1 comment:

Lea Ann said...

What are you talking about being thrifty? I think I should get some money for "stealing" my fruit. Or I can just put you in charge of drinks for the baptism dinner.

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X