Tuesday, February 23

"Herself" by Carrie Perrins

A few weeks ago we went to Mrs. B story time at Porter Elementary School. They asked us as parents to write down our dream for Bo. Her dream when she grows up is of course a movie star. But this is what I came up with. They had us turn them in and was going to chose one to read over the announcements. Well those chose our poem.
"Herself" by Carrie Perrins
Whatever I dream for my child to be
is whatever she can see within herself.
She must work, play and enjoy this life
but Bo most importantly must be herself.
She will definitely face some challenging times
and I am not always there to remind her to be herself,
So she must press forward in this world on her own
trusting she can dig deep, remember who she is,
and believe in herself!"
This really says it all.
I am nervous to read it but of course it will be okay.
I was surprised they choose ours, but then again it really does have an important message about dreams.
Hope you all can be yourself!
Carrie

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X