I had to have a root canal today. In July I had a big bubble on my back tooth. It caused pain the first day but since then hasn't. I went in for my year clean-up and had them check it with an x-ray. Sure enough an infection. I got a second opinion yesterday and the dentist said yes it needed another root canal. I have had 2 root canals on this tooth now. They had a cancellation for this morning and so I took knowing it had been a month and was only going to get worse. I told the dentist right up front to give me a double dose since it takes my mouth forever to get numb and he did. He worked pretty fast, but 2/3 way I was having a hard time breathing. He let me catch my breath every so often, and then finished it. It took less than 2 hours, but I still hated it. It will take 2-3 weeks then I will get another crown. The infection was pretty bad.
I am still numb and it will take time for the infection to wear off.
I am thankful for the dentist though that I didn't have to have the tooth pulled and extracted.
Well I will be resting at home today and drinking lots of smoothies. JK
Carrie
No comments:
Post a Comment