
Thank to our friends the Johnsons, we were able to borrow their pop-up trailer and go camping this past weekend. It was so much fun!! We invited some friends at the last minute and they came. Nick and Amanda Kriese and their kids, Carter, Kylee and Caitlyn. We have always slept in a tent, but I must admit this trailer was really nice. The beds were off the ground and I only saw one skunk. I knew it couldn't get to me. Yea!

We had to have a fire almost all the time, it was colder than I thought it would be. We got there Friday night and had tinfoil dinners. We then had some more friends the Adams come up for dinner that night. It was cold. We made peach cobbler and then we sat around the fire for a while. The Adams went home and then we went to bed. The wind hounded our trailer all night. It was pretty bad. We thought that the trailer was going to blow over. It didn't though. The next morning was freezing too. The wind was so bad that Nathan had to have help (Nick holding a lid to protect the wind from coming in over the griddle) making his pancakes, which didn't turn out that great. It finally started to warm up and the wind died down for the rest of the trip.

We brought Nathans paintball gun. The kids had fun shooting it. We had some very old paint balls that we used.


We brought our 4 wheeler up and rode around camp. Jane loved it.


Having dinner. We made White chicken Chili. It was yummy.


Nick and Amanda like to go camping and taught us this new trick. You take two eggs and put it in a Ziploc baggie. You add sausage or whatever else you like. Then boil it for 10 minutes in water. Viola! You have eggs to use in a burrito or whatever else you like. No mess, just throw the bag away. I really thought that was a creative neat idea. Thanks for sharing Nick and Amanda!!

We let the kids throw papers into the fire. Boy, that entertained them for a long time.

Sunday we just played games and went for a family hike. It was really relaxing. I think I came down with either a sinus infection or an allergy reaction to something. My eyes were swollen and I kept sneezing. My nose ran the whole time. Thanks to Nick who has eye allergies he had some special eye drops that really helped my eyes. Sorry no pictures of those beautiful swollen eyes.

Monday Morning was beautiful. Right after breakfast the girls were shedding their long sleeve shirts. Too bad we had to pack up and leave.

We had so much fun eating, playing games, relaxing, hiking, and sleeping. It was great.!!
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Loved the time we spent with you guys:)Wish we could have stayed longer!
Looks like tons of fun!! So glad the trailer is getting used!!!! And I hope you feel better now that you are out of the wind and your allergies can repair.
Carrie, your attitude on camping is so much greater than I remember mine ever being. Happy you have such fun and great friends to do it with. Love, Mom Perrins
we had a blast! especially the part where the kids entertained themselves and we played board games :)
Post a Comment