
So for the longest time I have not wanted an I PHONE. I liked my phone and didn't really want to make the change. Well one day I needed to remember something from the computer and decided it would be nice to have easy access to it. I thought if only I had the phone. So I started to ask my husband about getting me one. I guess they were only $49 with a new plan. Well my phone wasn't available for an upgrade. So I would have to wait patiently until October. I was okay with that. Then yesterday he came home with one. I was excited! It was from his work and wasn't new, but it was an I Phone. In the afternoon it was HOT-okay 76 degrees here and I took the kids to the park to let them be out in this beautiful weather. I updated all my information and added my contacts and worked on my phone the whole time. Of course at the park if you didn't know me you would think I was one of THOSE MOMS who are stuck to phone and live by my phone etc. I am not. I just got a new phone and wanted to update it.
So my motto for the last week has been- DO IT DIFFERENT!! There has been several things I have done different. Out with the Old in with the New. I really have felt blessed and happy because of it.

My friend Amanda K. called last week and asked if I wanted to make freezer Jam on Monday. I have never made it and it sounded fun. So on Monday we made freezer jam. It was so simple. I was impressed with how easy it was. Here is the recipe from Sure Jell.
2 cups mashed strawberries
4 cups sugar
Mix well and let stand for 10 minutes. Boil 3/4 cup water and Sure Jell for for 1 minute. Stir Sure Jell into strawberry mixture. Mix for about 3 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour into prepared containers. I used what I had-glass pint jars. Let them sit on counter top for 24 hours. Then freeze. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Otherwise store in freezer for up to 1 year.
It was fun. Thanks Amanda.
I actually only bought two boxes of pectin so I could only do on slab of strawberries. So on Tuesday I went to the store and got the other boxes and finished the other slab. It was good!!

Monday-National Pancake Day. So I made some pancakes. I usually just put syrup on my pancakes, but I thought I would try some leftover mashed up strawberries with whip cream. IT WAS SO GOOD!! I forgot how good it could be. The girls of course wanted just syrup-IF they even ate them???


Tuesday I made the rest of the freezer jam and then made some homemade salsa-that I had been craving. So had a huge mess. Jane stayed in the kitchen with me the whole time. She was so good. Well at the end I just stuck the dishes in the sink and put dish soap in them to let them soak. Then I heard Jane pulling over a chair. I usually don't let my kids play in the kitchen. BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE JANE SOME FUN!! She played in the soap for a good time. SHE loved it!! And I really didn't have a huge mess to clean up.


I guess I should let me kids do more "FUN" things more often.
1 comment:
I just read your last two posts and it sounds like you guys are having tons and tons of fun!!! Freezer jam is the best and I LOVE your motto for the week. I think I will try it too.
It's always fun to read your blogs and see what you are up to.
Post a Comment