Wednesday, August 17

Mill Creek-The Redwoods-Part 4 or our Summer Trip

We made it to Mill Creek Campground. Right next to our camp site was this big tree that the girls played on all the time. They loved it. The people camping right by it didn't mind because they had kids that were pretty much the same age playing on it too. The people were even nice enough to invite us over one afternoon to play games.
The girls took my camera without asking and took these wild pictures. They are so funny!



Paul Bunyan and his big blue Ox.
On the way to the redwoods you can stop and see these big statues. Nathan remembers when he was a kid and made the same trip and saw these as well. They are over 9 feet tall.
I was using the bathroom and so I didn't get any pictures with Nathan and I. The Trees of Mystery was closed because it was late in the afternoon, but supposedly you can take this
sky ride up and see the big trees.

WOW!! Seeing our first BIG BIG tree.






At the park where these BIG trees cut down.
I think it is so cool that you can drive through a big tree like that.

It was a really old tree. I wish I would have taken a better picture or could remember how old it was. I know it is at least 2000 years old.
On our way to the redwoods we stopped off at this drive thru tree called The Chandelier Tree. Our truck and trailer wouldn't fit so we had to walk thru it.


No comments:

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X