
My dad was diagnosed with Prostate cancer back in October. They made plans to remove his prostate. They removed it in December. They thought this would be it, but the cancer had traveled just outside the prostate. The good news was that it was not in his lymph nodes or bones. So they removed the prostate and he has been doing well in his recovery except his wound wasn't quite healing. So this past Sunday we as a family fasted and prayed for my dad for his wounds and also for his PSA results that were coming due. On Thursday we got the good news that my dad's PSA levels were at .01 which were previously at a 10, which meant that the surgery was a success. My dad's wounds are healing and so we feel blessed by this. In February they will meet with their doctors to figure out if radiation is the next step for the cancer that is outside of his prostate.
I am excited because my parents are coming down Jan. 27 to spend a few weeks for the birth of our new baby. I told my parents that this is a stressful time for them and they didn't really need to come, but they WANTED to so bad. They are welcome and it will be great to see them!!
I am thankful for my parents and love them so much. I am grateful for the hand of the Lord in my dad's cancer. My parents have been blessed in this trial.
Love,
Carrie
No comments:
Post a Comment