Friday, March 23

Getting Ready for Easter/Spring Cleaning

Boxes and Boxes of old memories, junk and who know what else. I picked up my scanner from Wal-Mart yesterday-which I am going to put my plug in on Wal-Mart. I HATE IT!!!! I had to go to different departments to get some service for a can of spray paint. The man I finally found in the toy department said that he had been there 2 years and was always shorthanded. The lines were extremely long and the produce is horrible!! I guess that is why I don't shop there anymore, but rarely. I had to go to pick up my scanner, which I am excited to get my shoe boxes photos and memories digital.
My Craig list desk I found for $40. It is small but that is what we want for right now. Nathan picked it up yesterday and I have spent most of the morning reorganizing the desk/computer. I can't believe how unorganized I am. My computer has NEVER been backed up and so I am working on that. I have saved all my old files/journals to a jump drive and have deleted them off the computer for more space. I have all my files on the computer NOW organized. I still have a TON of stuff do do be organized on the desk.
I also have been decorating for Easter. I am addicted to Pinterest and they have many blogs that I follow. Well one was SOLELY dedicated to Mantels. I have the most beautiful fireplace/mantel. I love to decorate it. HERE is my Easter mantel. My sign I just got from my friends boutique. I love it!!! I found the frames at Goodwill. They were red. I spray painted them white and roughed them up with sandpaper. Then I printed some Subway art. I got the glass jar at the Dollar store around Halloween and had it on my Halloween and mantle. This time I just filled it with a few plastic eggs. I tried candy, because if anybody knows me well I LOVE CANDY!! Well know it is okay to decorate with it. YEA!! I tried a bag of candy, but it didn't look good. I had this green pot downstairs not being used and I sprayed painted blue. I LOVE THIS BLUE RIGHT NOW!!! I had the plant on the mantel but replanted it. I have had the bunnies for quite some time. Anyways, there is my mantel. I LOVE IT!!


My entryway is still in process. I am working on the saying, SOME BUNNY LOVES YOU!!! I printed the silhouette off of the internet and framed it. I am working on the shelves and the rest of it. I will show a finished picture soon.
Well I am really enjoying this organization. It may take longer than planned though. I just am amazed at how unorganized I am. It has blessed my life with creativity, simplicity, and storage.
I know this can be addicting, but I am learning so much and am loving it. I am strengthen my family and HOME.!!!
Carrie

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I love you Carrie, it's like your "nesting" in reverse! he he he. I think that your mantle is the BEST, most beautiful Easter mantle I have ever seen! And I am very jealous of your organizational stuff. You are inspiring me. If this chemo pain will just wear off, then I can start cleaning my house.
And backing up the computer..... I need to do that soooooo bad!
Thanks for the inspiration! Keep up the good work!
Love ya, Christa

The Great Granperrins said...

Carrie, I use and am a firm believer in Carbonite. It only cost $50 a year and it backs up everything on my computer constantly. I don't have to tell it to, it's off site, and automatic. The peace of mind it provides is fantastic.
I know if Sarah had belonged, she wouldn't have lost all her pictures when she dropped her lap top.
She could have just contacted them and they could have restored all to her new computer.
I love organization. Am trying to get dad to tackle the Den with me but he wants to finish our food storage shed. My little accident kind of put that on hold. Love, Mom

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X