


Thursday March 20, 2008. I spent the day at Sarah's for lunch and I came home around 7pm. The neighbors caught me while I was pulling into the driveway and said that a swarm of bees had landed in our tree. I was working in the yard this morning around 10am and there were no sign of bees. Nathan was driving to Utah for work and so I had to take care of the problem. I called a bunch of exterminators and finally someone returned my call. They came out within 45 minutes. They killed all of the bees. He said we had a good sized hive, which consisted of 10,000-12,000 bees. I had him take these pictures and WOW. I really had no idea how bad they could be. These are the African Killer BEES. They said they send out scouts to look for a spot to create a hive, but if they return there might only be 5-10 bees. You should have seen my driveway and front porch. I tried to take a picture of that but it didn't really turn out. I am so Glad that they could come and take care of this problem right away. Of course, it cost a lot, but who cares when it comes to African Killer Bees.
I will post some more tomorrow.
Love, Carrie
2 comments:
That is crazy!!! I can't believe they came in like that and took over. Glad you were able to get it fixed right away that way your girls could play outside with no problem!! Thanks for everything again will watching Cooper the other day!!
WOW, So they weren't there earlier but they were when you got home? They build hives that fast? I am so glad no one was hurt.
Post a Comment