Carrie
Thursday, January 22
How to stump an Electrician.
Last week we hired a electrician to fix a minor problem in the kitchen. I would go to make pancakes and plug in my electric griddle in a certain plug in my kitchen. It would blow the circuit breaker. The electrician came out and fixed a plug by my garbage can because we had smelled it a while ago. They replaced the plug and said it indeed had burned, and we were lucky it didn't burn down the house. Anyways, we thought he had fixed the problem, but NO I went to make pancakes this week and sure enough the circuit breaker blew again. I called HIM back out and said that the problem wasn't fixed. He was here for over an hour and still no solution. I had an lunch appointment with my friends so when I came back I was curious to see if they found out the problem. THEY had. Nathan had always wanted to tear out this cupboard to build shelves so he opened up and SURE enough we found our problem. A WATER HEATER for the kitchen sink that the previous homeowners DID NOT tell us about. Can you believe that? It was pulling enough electricity to cause the problem. We will have to wait until we can afford to fix the problem, but we couldn't believe it. Another water heater in our kitchen for the sink. I guess it took the electrician over 1 1/2 hour to find the problem. I guess the previous owners didn't think it was important. WRONG. They even bordered it in, so that you didn't know it was there. WE have lived in this house for over a year and had no idea. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is funny. I can't believe they found it there.
What the..? How random is that? BTW, can't wait to see the work you have done on the playroom.
That is so weird. What people do. I am looking foward too to those pictures of the playroom.
Post a Comment