We had stake conference this weekend and it was wonderful. I really like the talks that were given and they seemed so specific for me and my needs. I love that. I finished reading the Book of Mormon and it was awesome. I know that it is true. Now, the stake president has challenged us to share it with somebody. On Sunday we were also able to take a nap and relax without a lot of things going on. That was really nice.
Nathan has moved shops. Zerorez is now located on Alma School and Broadway. They are still busy getting everything organized. They moved all last week. What a project.
Yesterday I did something that I don't think I have ever done. We have been talking about our food storage for a long time now. The closet that we have stored in was a mess. So I took everything out to clean it and organize it. Then I decided to PAINT it. If you know me, I usually don't do something like that. Well, I primed it instead. I don't think I will paint it right now. I like the bright white. It looks great and only took me one hour. It cleaned up real nice. Then for FHE we went to Walmart and priced everything that we would need for our three month supply. Nathan is doing this program on the computer and needed some information. So we are slowly working on having that. You know that I think we might be able to survive if we had too. However, some things I have a hard time keeping in my one week supply. It seems that I always am going grocery shopping. I have tried to limit it to once a week, but that seems to hard. Oh well. So today I am slowly putting things back into the closet.
I think it will be great once it is all done.
I just read a great talk by our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, called Finding Joy in the Journey. Loved it.
Anyways, have a great day.
Carrie
1 comment:
I have also been thinking of year supply and have been trying to come up with more recipes to use things that I have. My focus right now is to use the things I have in storage as well as using the fresh food before it spoils. Last week for example we ran out of bread. I didn't want to go back to the store and I couldn't really afford to do so. As a solution I made bread and we were able to get by until the next payday. I do believe that if we keep trying that the Lord will take care of us. I think of the story of the fishes and loaves of bread.
Post a Comment