Thursday, August 27
She only weighs 29 pounds!!
So Today Bree was supposed to go to the dentist to have a bunch of dental work done. She was going to have her front chipped tooth extracted and her cavities fixed. She had some serious teeth damage in the back and they were going to fix that too. I took her to her appointment this morning at 8:15 and the nurse started by taking her blood pressure and monitoring her heart. They were going to have to give her an oral sedation to put her out for the appointment. They took her weight. Then a nurse asked again what her weight was. It was only 29 pounds. The doctor came in and explained they couldn't do the procedure because she was under 30 lbs. He didn't consider it safe. They had no idea how the medicine would affect her body. The Dentist highly recommended we put the procedure off until she weighed at least 31-33 lbs. He explained where the teeth weren't really causing her pain that we could hold off for about 3 months or so. He basically said her life was more important than her teeth. I was kinda of shocked. He made it sound really serious. So he asked me what to do. OF COURSE my daughter's life is more important than her teeth. I told him he knew best, since he was the dentist and we didn't get her teeth done today. The hard thing is she is 4 years old and she only weighs 29 lbs. I know in my heart that she is a healthy happy girl. She is just a little petite thing for her age. I hope that she is okay. So Dental procedure until she weights more. Who knows how long that might take. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! I think Van was 24lbs at his last check up. She is little.
How cute!! Cooper's light for his age and he's like 32Ib!! Of course Lauren probably takes the cake in that department, even though all your girls are petite!!! So cute! Too bad they couldn't fix her teeth though, hopefully she won't feel any pain until then!!
Carrie,
Harlee is only 29 pounds! I think they are just petite.
Post a Comment