Wednesday, September 9

We will Survive!!!

Monday Night I broke down with a really really bad sore throat. I had taken NyQuil that night and it didn't help. I called and got into the doctor yesterday. He checked my ears they were a little red. He checked my throat. STREP THROAT. He checked my breathing. PNEUMONIA. He took my temperature 99.1 which according to his them. it was hot. I had an infection. So he put me on some medications and told me to rest the next few days or I would be in bed for over two weeks. He said to push the fluids. I got my medicine and came home and took it right away. My throat was killing me. I couldn't even really talk it hurt so bad yesterday. The medicine helped right away and but it makes you very drowsy. I can't drive because of it and so I am stuck at home, which is okay. I rested all afternoon and we survived the day.
Today I woke up feeling a little better. The cough has suppressed and my throat doesn't hurt as bad, but my head hurts still. It will take a few days. Nathan has been fighting this cough for over two weeks now too. He probably has it too.
Last night Jane had a coughing attack. She is too little for cough medicine so I gave her a pain reliever and a treatment. She slept through the night last night. We shall see how she does today.
I had to keep Bo home from school with a bad runny nose. She keeps wiping and sounds stuffed up.
Bree complains of a sore throat, but I don't know if I believe her. She might just because we all have it. But I wonder if it is just for attention.
ITS NOT FAIR!!!!
I am training for a marathon. The first weekend I was sick with diarrhea. The second weekend I had the flu. The third weekend I was okay but had a cough, now found out it was Strep Throat.
I can't train if I am sick all the time!!! I know I will get better and stronger, but it really hurts not to run. I look forward to my running now. I am not sure if I will be able to make the training for this 5k run in October. We shall see.
We will survive.

3 comments:

Tami Farrer said...

I hope you all feel better.

The Great Granperrins said...

I so wish that I was closer in order to help you. If you all keep getting sick and Bree doesn't then she might be a carrier.
I had that experience once when Lanith, Deek and Jason were small. Kept taking us to the doctor, every two weeks and not being able to get rid of it. Finally the doctor asked if everyone was sick and I answered that Jason wasn't. I was told to bring him in and he was tested and low and behold, he was the carrier, not sick but giving it to the rest of us over and over. Please do survive, Love, Mom

Lea Ann said...

I am so sorry. I wish you would have called for help, but then again it hurt to talk. What can I do to help? I will call today since you are feeling better.

Add This Transparent Notification Bar To Your Blog Transparent Notification Bar

X