Okay so our little family has been gallivanting around for the past month. We are home and we had a wonderful time. Since we have been home and IT IS REALLY HOT here still, I have been indoor working on my office. Today I have cleaned out my filing cabinet and started decorating.
My husband will NOT let me get rid of these HUGE shelves in our office. I really don't like them, but he likes them. I went to work on reorganizing the books and putting decorations on the shelves. Our office theme is SAILING. It is really neat because we went sailing for the first time on a 55ft Catamaran on Lake Tahoe. I get motion sickness and therefore stayed inside the whole time but Nathan and the girls loved it.
So I have found some good decorations at Goodwill for less than $2. My favorite thus far is this swordfish like statue. ONE DOLLAR!! I printed a picture of Nathan standing on the beach. I am working on getting another done of him sailing out of Harbor Point, San Diego. I am also working on getting some other art/posters framed for the room. I need a rug. I moved in this bench from my entryway ( I will post about that tomorrow) and want to add a pillow to it. I want to find a lifesaving device looking thingy to put up on the walls and maybe an anchor, then my decorating will be done for this room. It is not exactly how I want it but I worked with what I have.
I have about 5 boxes left to go through and organize and then I will be happy.
1 comment:
I have been doing the same thing to our office/den. Organizing, etc. and the shredder going constantly. Poor thing has to stop for a rest and to cool down once in a while. I am so happy with it. Jason and Kimberly arrived today and we moved the recliner into the den. I sleep really well on the recliner and the kids are in the living room, so am now glad I got the den finished. Of course the recliner is only here for a week. I guess I can sleep in here and enjoy my work.
Post a Comment